Using a paint by numbers kit is a soothing and therapeutic activity. Another advantage is that you get to paint beautiful artworks to hang on your walls. These incredible and easy masterpieces can also be gifted to friends and family members. Sounds almost too good to be true, right? You don’t even have to learn how to paint. Whether you’re an expert or a beginner– I say a big welcome– at this craft, here are a few tips to give you perfect masterpieces.
- Over 70% of paint by numbers kits contain acrylic paints that can easily be cleaned using lukewarm water. So when cleaning your used brushes, lukewarm water is your best friend. You can swirl the paint brush around a bowl of lukewarm water. The paints will come right off. It is advisable to wash the brush immediately because dried up paint will be more challenging to clean.
- It is advisable to paint according to the sizes given in the kit. Paint the smallest areas first, then proceed to the medium regions and finally paint the most substantial areas. This trick will make your work faster and ensure that you don’t get tired or discouraged. Start painting at the top. When painting other parts, your hands will smudge the painting if it’s not dried up yet. If you paint from the top, by the time you get to the bottom part, it will be dry, and you won’t smudge your beautiful creation. Paint all areas that have the same color at the same time. This is to avoid wasting time washing the paintbrush over and over again. Don’t forget that you should always wash your brush when changing to new paint.
- To paint very tiny areas, use one end of a toothpick. Dip the toothpick in paint and gently dab the area you wish to paint. You can use the toothpick the way you use a brush. Clean it properly with warm water if you wish to change the paint. This is a trick used by even the best professionals. If you gift the paintings to people, they will surely have a hard time believing you painted it yourself.
- When applying the paint, bear in mind that it should be heavy enough to cover the numbers entirely but not so heavy that it runs into other areas. Paints that are applied too thickly will make your painting look tacky and unprofessional.
- Painting, like photography, works best with natural lightning. Use a magnifying glass when necessary to ensure that all parts have been completely painted. When mixing colors, try using small amounts of paints at a time. This will help you avoid wastage. Need a darker shade? Just add a small amount of the darkest color.
Enticing, right? What then are you waiting for? We offer you a wide range of paints by numbers sets which contain all you need for this soothing and therapeutic hobby. Please browse through our bestsellers and grab a kit to apply all these tricks you’ve learned. Also, if you need additional ways to display your painting, you could always use a display frame like this one? Or check out our smaller wooden frames. I’m sure you’ll find that it is not only soothing but also fun and economical.